Frequently Asked Questions Re: COVID in Carmel:
Due to COVID, our State is monitoring each County on COVID-related health statistics to determine what businesses can be open. Monterey County is currently under the ORANGE TIER. Below is a general list of business activities during this time:
***Masks and social distancing are required when out in public.***
- Retail and Food Stores: Indoor operation at 100% capacity.
- Hotels and Lodging: Leisure Travel allowed.
- Restaurants: Indoor dining at 50% capacity, outdoor dining & take out or delivery.
- Wineries and Wine Tasting Rooms: Indoor tastings at 25% capacity & Outdoor tasting.
- Gyms & Fitness Centers: 25% indoor capacity & outdoor.
- FULL LIST OF INDUSTRY SECTORS
**Carmel Beach is open with modifications. Water activities, exercise & sitting with blanket or beach chair permitted. No tents, tables, bbqs or large groups.**
Our Chamber Office is open Monday - Friday 9-5pm. Visitor Center Hours: Monday - Sunday Noon-4pm.
The Carmel Chamber of Commerce : Creating the Links
Since 1922, the Carmel Chamber of Commerce (formerly the Carmel Business Association) has promoted the success of Carmel, California businesses. The Carmel Chamber provides services, programs, workshops, and networking to nearly 500 members. Membership in the Carmel Chamber of Commerce is the best decision you can make for your business. It’s a great way to help your business, be involved in the community, and have fun!
For our tourist driven members, the Carmel Chamber runs the Carmel Visitor Center. The Visitor Center is the number one resource for in-town visitors, seeing an average of 2,500 people a month.
The Chamber and Visitor Center are great sources of information about Carmel for businesses, residents, and visitors.